Rules for users of Totem
I demand of all users that they:
- do not run any kind of commercial activity on the account.
- either read their mail on the system regularly, or forward it to some
other place where they will.
- do not use their account for warez, exchanging pornographic material
or other activities that undoubtedly would put the systems
reputation in doubt.
- are careful with not filling up disk partitions, wasting network
bandwidth or other capacity (read: be moderate).
- actually use the system (if I see you haven't been using the account
for a long time, I will most probably want to delete it).
- let the account remain private, and don't share it with others or are
sloppy with keeping their password secret.
- are as careful as possible with not putting the systems security in
danger, and that they report any security problem they may find. Of particular importance, do not log in to Totem from multi user systems (systems intended for multiple persons simultaneously using them) and systems that are publically available from the Internet (servers etc.).
- don't run eggdrops or similar programs on the system.
- relate to norwegian law, take responsibility for their actions in all
their use of the system, and excercise good netiquette.
I will deal with users not following this as I please, though I'm
not trying to be BOFH'ish
or anything. Just be nice, and it's allright
(in norwegian: comply to "kardemommeloven"). But I feel that it is
necessary to point out these issues, as I want to keep the system as
secure/fast/efficient/reliable/flexible as possible - with the hightest
possible level of integrity. And I will do whatsoever to make that happen.